Saturday, April 18, 2009

Why is the new layer of my skin red, irritated, there are tiny bumps and its itchy?

my face was sunburnt a while ago and my cheeks turned bright red for a few days, than it started to peel.,,, it looked like my face was healed .. but a few days later the redness will come back at the exact same spots.. and a few days later it would peel again...this happened a few times now.. and each time i made the mistake of peeling off the skin when it wasnt ready to be peeled off..this time i waited for it to peel on its on..now all the dead skin has peeled away but the new skin is still slightly red.. there are red tiny bumps in some areas so it feels irritated and itchy? it still feels like my face is hot at times.. i thought this was suppose to stop after the peeling? what is wrong and what can i do to make it better? will this go away.. and how long does it take for new skin to heal?
Why is the new layer of my skin red, irritated, there are tiny bumps and its itchy?
I%26#039;ve never went through this before. Your right, it usually goes away after it peels. I would just go to the doctor. I hope its not getting infected....
Why is the new layer of my skin red, irritated, there are tiny bumps and its itchy?
Sounds like herpes to me.
Reply:You have injured the epidermal layer of skin. It isn%26#039;t healed yet and when you keep peeling the skin you are delaying healing.


The bumps are caused by the burn also.


First, keep your itching under control, you can use aloe vera gel and hydrocortizone cream. If you can do this, you will keep your hands away from the skin and not scratch the itching sensation which will help heal your face.


Wash your face gently with tepid water and a baby shampoo product. Do this twice a day.


Moisturize with Aloe Vera at night and if you have to be in the sun use an SPF moisturizer to protect your face. Try to avoid sunlight while your burn heals.


Use a satin pillowcase to sleep on. Stay away from irritating fabrics touching your face at night.


No comments:

Post a Comment