Sunday, April 19, 2009

Should I worry about this?

I got a really really bad sunburn on my ear in May during my vacation, it blistered and peeled quite badly. And now my ear is peeling again for no obvious reason...should I get this checked out, or did I maybe just burn my ear in California again?
Should I worry about this?
It%26#039;s hard to say, honey. If I had to guess, I%26#039;d say you not only burned the top layer and the layer underneath the blister, you burned one layer of skin under that.





You don%26#039;t need to get it checked out unless you are uncomfortable with it or it continues to peel after a week or so.





SUNSCREEN!! HAT!!!





Do you realize that that burn is the foundation for the development of skin cancer on that ear for the rest of your life?





My dad used to be a baseball umpire back before sunscreen was available. He wore long sleeves and a baseball cap. He%26#039;s 72 now and he has to visit the dermatologist once a month for the rest of his life to have cancerous growths zapped or burned off of his entire body, but especially his face, nose and ears.





Please, be careful with your skin!!





TX MOM
Should I worry about this?
you could have easaly burned ur ear again in california but if it realy turns red and starts to hurt it may be infected=[.so i would keep a close eye on that


No comments:

Post a Comment