Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Is a mild tan alright?

So I was out this weekend and I got a sunburn on my face and my mom kept talking about skin cancer, how I should have worn sunscreen (I was out for about 20 minutes). I never realy try to get a tan (usually avoid it) and wear sun screen when I remember but at the end of the summer I usually have a mild tan. Is this raising my risks for skin cancer or should I be fine?
Is a mild tan alright?
don't do it. ur asking for trouble girl!!!
Is a mild tan alright?
I hate to say it, but your mom is right. My little brother was diagnosed with Melanoma when he was 8 years old. Had surgery and chemo-all of that scary stuff. He is now 17 and doing great. Last week I was told that my aunt Jenn was diagnosed with Melanoma. It was horrible to hear. You might be thinking that it is hereditary, but she is not a blood relative to me or my brother. Please do not tan whether it be outside or in a booth and remember even if it looks cloudy outside, you should still wear sunscreen. I know that when you are tan you look better, but imagine how great you will look when you are older and have awesome skin!


No comments:

Post a Comment