Friday, July 24, 2009

Would a laser treatment help with skin discoloration from sun damage?

I went to a daycare that didn't allow us to take sunscreen with us to the pool even if we were there all day, because they were afriad we would lose it. As a result, I got a really bad sunburn when I was 10 (now 24), and have had permanent discoloration since. It is dark brown and covers my entire left shoulder. I also have a slight peach fuzz in the damaged area. Would a laser treatment help? How much would it cost to do my whole shoulder?
Would a laser treatment help with skin discoloration from sun damage?
see a dermatologist for a consultation, they have lazer treatments for his, also there's skin lightening creams to prescribe if you don't want to go the surgical route. I would worry about the health risks of sun exposure. I also was a kid in the 80's-90's, we just didn't know enugh about skin cancer to care about sunscreen back then. make sure you use at least a daily spf 15 to prevent future damage.


No comments:

Post a Comment