Sunday, March 22, 2009

Acne treatment-makeup-suncreen... question?

I just started taking Minocycline for my acne treatment. I read that I need to use a sunscreen because minocycline can make my skin more sensitive to sunlight and sunburn. Can I use makeup that contains suncreen instead of an actual sunscreen? I%26#039;m guessing makeup containing suncreen isn%26#039;t as effective, but am I really in a position where I need full-on protection from the sun??
Acne treatment-makeup-suncreen... question?
Most dermatologists don%26#039;t recommend you wear make-up that often when you are trying to get rid of acne. the oils from the make-up do not help.. or slow down the process.


so i suggest you buy make-up (foundation) that is %26quot;non-comedgetic%26quot; or %26quot;hyperallergenic%26quot; or that says %26quot;won%26#039;t clog pores%26quot;





sorry.. i probably spelled some words wrong..
Acne treatment-makeup-suncreen... question?
depends if you usually burn or tan in the sun. if your white then deffinetly buy a sunscreen . if you tan then i doesnt matter too much
Reply:It is better to buy a sunscreen instead. The makeup usually rubs off more easily. You can also try a sunscreen in you moisturizer. This absorbs more easily into the skin and gives you a good protection. I am currently use a product that also needs me to use spf and I wear a moisturizer with spf. I wear Philosophy and Clinique has some great well as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment