Sunday, March 22, 2009

Acne treatment-makeup-suncreen... question?

I just started taking Minocycline for my acne treatment. I read that I need to use a sunscreen because minocycline can make my skin more sensitive to sunlight and sunburn. Can I use makeup that contains suncreen instead of an actual sunscreen? I%26#039;m guessing makeup containing suncreen isn%26#039;t as effective, but am I really in a position where I need full-on protection from the sun??
Acne treatment-makeup-suncreen... question?
Each person will have a different level of heightened sun sensitivity from the medication. It%26#039;s best to play it safe by using sunscreen in some form. It really doesn%26#039;t matter which (as long as the SPF is high enough for you). It%26#039;s easier to use a combo and it may be easier on skin that%26#039;s prone to breaking out. There are many brands that combine sunscreen of varying levels with foundation. I have sensitive skin and my favorite combo is Bare Minerals. The coverage is really, really good (without looking like makeup) and it doesn%26#039;t make me breakout (which a lot of liquid sunscreens and liquid foundation/sunscreen combos seem to do). You can order it online if you don%26#039;t live near a Sephora, etc. and the colors are easy to determine - you just pick a skin tone. The starter kit is a good way to go in the beginning because it has the special brushes and you get 2 foundation colors to blend to just the right color.
Acne treatment-makeup-suncreen... question?
i%26#039;m on minocycline right now too.


they don%26#039;t make me more sensitive to the sun, but i get dizzy in the sun.


anyways, you should always use some sort of sunscreen.


using a make-up with sunscreen should be fine though.





but if you just started taking it, i would wait a while to use the make-up.


clear up your face a little bit first.


hope i helped you and good luck! :]

No comments:

Post a Comment